Omni-Tech offers Renishaw UCC T5
- CMM controller for 5-axis touch-trigger motion and head control – PH20 only
- Must be used in conjunction with a Renishaw SPA3amplifier
- Uses an external power supply and manages full control of the PH20 head, CMM and probe signals and communicates with the CMM’s computer
- Replaces the UCC2-2 and 5-axis daughter card for PH20 installations
- Has integral thermal error compensation (TEC) with support for 16 channels of temperature compensation
- Setup and commissioning should be completed through Renishaw’s UCCassist-2 software
Available as a CMM retrofit or for purchase with new Coord3 CMMs
5-axis touch-trigger automated head solution.
UCC T5 is for use with:
PH20 5-axis touch trigger system
Now, 5-axis motion technology is available for touch trigger applications on CMM structures of all sizes. The PH20 5-axistouch-trigger system is an innovative measurement product from Renishaw that is improving the performance of CMM touch-trigger probes. You can order this 5-axis system now from Omni-Tech.
Transform your CMM performance with 5-axis touch‑trigger measurement.
The PH20 5-axis system allows measurement points to be taken by moving only the head, rather than the CMM structure. With 5-axis motion, the touch trigger probes use the rapid rotary motion of the head to take the points fast, with better repeatability and accuracy. With the PH20 5-axis touch-trigger system, the time formerly spent indexing the head is eliminated. 5-axis motion typically results in a 3-fold improvement over conventional, non-touch trigger systems. In fact, the PH20 guarantees successful access with its limitless positioning. Plus, the 5-axis motion minimizes stylus changes. With the 5-axis system, the 5-axis motion allows measurement of larger parts through simultaneous motion. The space required for head rotation is minimized. The PH20 avoids stylus collisions through automatic alignment with the part coordinate system.
Easy access to features at any angle
PH20’s infinite positioning capability guarantees optimal feature access, minimizing stylus changes. The 5-axis simultaneous motion allows larger parts to be measured on the CMM by minimizing the space required around the part for head rotation. PH20 automatically aligns itself with the part co-ordinate system, avoiding stylus collisions and the requirement for accurate fixtures.
The PH20 5-axis touch-trigger system has a unique calibration technique, which allows subsequent measurement within a single operation. This orientation can save a significant amount of time when accumulated.
Touch trigger probes improve metrology performance. Here’s how:
- Repeatability is better
- Improved accuracy from using feature orientation-based calibration and ‘head touches’
- No air supply is required for mechanical bearings
- Compact design is suitable for a wide range of CMMs
- No requirement to modify existing programs for most index
Integral industry standard TP20 probe
Users of the PH20 probe head will immediately have access to the range of proven TP20 probe modules, providing a wide selection of trigger forces, directional sensing options and extensions to meet application requirements. The detachable modules provide crash protection and can be automatically changed using the TCR20 change rack.